As of January 31st, 2015, all payments must be made in Swedish Krona (SEK). It has become too troublesome for me to work with fluctuating exchange rates, and the risk of losing money due to unstable currencies is too great. I have written a blog post that should hopefully answer most of your questions. If something is still unclear, please do not hesitate to contact me with any and all concerns.
- PayPal (credit cards OK)
- Bank-to-bank transfers
- Western Union
Important message!This is not a hobby for me. I am self-employed and I run a very real, very tax-paying business. This means that if you do not keep up with your payments in a timely fashion, it hurts my ability to pay off my mortgage and put food on the table. This is also why I simply cannot allow returns on models that have been paid through time payments, and why all installments are non-refundable. It is not possible for me to sit on money for months and months (sometimes years) and not be able to use them. Please remember that there is no obligation for me to offer time payments - it is a service that I offer my customers since I know it can be difficult to pay off expensive items in a single payment. Do not ask for time payments unless you are willing, able, and prepared to follow through.
- All time payment installments are non-refundable.
- Time payment sales are final. No refunds, exchanges, or returns for any reason.
- I do not offer time payment plans for pieces priced at SEK 1,500 (one thousand five hundred) or below. Such items must be paid in full.
- For pieces priced at SEK 1,501 (one thousand five hundred and one) or above I will work with you to come up with a payment plan that
suits you, but the following general rules apply:
- The initial down payment must be no less than SEK 1,000.
- The minimum payment per month, following the first payment, is SEK 500 (five hundred). However, the piece must be paid off within 12 (twelve months) so the minimum amount must be adjusted accordingly for pieces priced above SEK 5,500. Special arrangements may be considered for long-time customers or customers with a long history of trouble-free time payments with other artists. References will be required for the latter.
- Option A: A flat billing fee of SEK 100 (one hundred) added to every installment. In other words, if you pay for a piece in ten installments the total billing fee amount will be SEK 1,000, but split over the ten payments.
- Option B: A one-time billing fee amounting to 10% of the total purchase price. This one-time payment will be added to the first installment. In other words, if the purchase price is SEK 5,000, the one-time billing fee will be SEK 500.
- I will send you an invoice at a date and interval we both agree upon (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly). I require at least one payment per 30 (thirty) days. Do not send money unless you have received an invoice! I only accept payment from the buyer and only ship the piece to the buyer; “middlemen” are prohibited.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough funds to make your payment on the agreed-upon time. You need to be able to pay regardless of unexpected vet bills, car repairs, medical and/or dental costs, etc. I may consider an exception from the payment plan if you are a) a long-time customer in excellent standing, or b) if something truly catastrophical has happened (your house has burned down or some such). Such exceptions will be dealt with on a case-per-case basis. In all other cases non-payment will constitute a default. Defaults will result in an order cancellation and risk of exclusion from future sales. The piece may be sold to another person and you will lose all payments made.
- Please be advised that exchange rates go up and down, and that your currency may be worth less (or more) in just a day from now. Although the charge in SEK will remain the same, the actual amount charged in your own currency may vary. You can read more about exchange rates in this blog post. It is your responsibility to make sure you will have enough funds to cover each payment, regardless of currency fluctuations.
- The piece will be sent when the final payment has cleared to my bank account, and, in case of a trade, when I have received and approved of your part of the trade. Please note that if paying via PayPal, I will only ship to the shipping address on the account.
Unless otherwise noted, I am usually willing to accept trades for up to 1/3 (one third) of the listed sales price. The remaining amount must be paid in cash. On rare occasions - such as if you can offer me an unpainted SMB Stormwatch resin - I may be willing to do a full trade.
I will trade for the following unpainted resins only:
I will trade for the following unpainted resins only:
- Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig: Any except VToo, Valinor, Dante, Spinnaker, Brownie
- Brigitte Eberl: Eberl: Absinth, Caitano, Cerberus, any of the Cobra mares, Galina, Lohengrin, Majestuoso Nobila, Muscat, Najiim, Obrigado, O’lala, Roy le Deuxieme, Salome
- Carol Williams: Matriarch, Valor, Venator, Veronka, Victrix (hollow-cast resins only)
- Debbi Lermond: Polaris, Renovatio, The Annihilator, Peasant Stomper (Trad & mini)
- Deborah McDermott: Bint Soraya, David, Indian Silver, Indian Fire, Luxor, Musetta
- Ed Bogucki: Aashiq, Chances Are, Dreamcatcher, Johara, Kalila, Trooper, Turko
- Emilia Kurila: Bacchus, Heritage, Lucius
- Kathi Bogucki: Bidjar, Call Me Ringo, Equus Maximus, Persia
- Maggie Bennett: Trenzetter, Trenzado, Duelo
- Morgen Kilbourn: Deputed Duke, Dinky Duke, Iaret, Maxixe de Barrios, Ranch mare (either version)
- Nanse Czipri Browne: 'A' for Arabian
- Sarah Rose: Affinity, Andre, Independence (Trad and mini), Lonestar (Trad and mini), Nahar (Trad and mini), Reiner, Working Girl
- Stacey Tumlinson: Gizelle, Gypsy Scarlett (any version), Scarlett (any version), Tinkerbell
- Jennifer Scott: Uilleam, Zephyrus
VAT (European Union customers only)
If you live in a European Union country I need to charge an additional 25% VAT.
If you live outside the European Union you do not need to pay sales tax (VAT), but customs taxes may be charged when the piece arrives in your country. It is your responsibility to pay for any and all customs tax-related charges.
- Shipping is not included in the sales price unless noted.
- Depending on the size of the box, it will be sent as a large letter or as a parcel. I will always choose the least expensive option. If you are willing to pay the extra cost I can also ship using the Express option.
- All items are shipped fully insured, declared as merchandise and with full value declared. No exceptions!
- I do not accept responsibility for how a parcel is handled as it travels from me to you. I am very careful when packing and I have rarely had anything go wrong during shipping, but things do happen. I am no longer liable for any piece once I have handed it to the carrier. That is what insurance claims are for and I will help you with providing any information you need to process an insurance claim. You MUST keep all packing materials, including the box, if the item arrives in damaged condition - without the packaging I am unable to file an insurance claim!
- I do not ship to the following countries/areas: Italy, Greece, Brazil, Russia, Malaysia, Middle East, Africa. This is due to problems with the postal system, corruption, etc. I will consider shipping to these countries/areas if the buyer is willing to pay for FedEx, UPS, or a similar service.
This applies to pieces paid in full (single payment) ONLY. All sales via time payments are final!
- Unless otherwise noted in the sales details, pieces paid in full (single payment) may be returned for any reason (except for damage during shipping to you; in such a case insurance applies). After you receive your piece you have three (3) days to inspect it and contact me. I will issue a refund of the purchase price after the piece has been safely returned to me at your expense and as per my instructions. You must fill in the appropriate and necessary paperwork that is required to identify the piece as returned merchandise - if you do not and I end up being charged an import customs tax due to this I will deduct that amount from your refund. The piece must be shipped back to me in the same careful manner as it was sent to you. I will not refund postage and/or customs tax charges of any kind.
- If the piece is damaged during shipping back to me I will file an insurance claim with the carrier, but I will not personally issue any refunds.
Repairs, alterations and updates. Important!
- I do not repair my work if the damage occurred from handling, wear and tear, negligent storage or display, or other careless treatment while out of my care. Damage resulting from other causes is subject to my discretion, and will be handled on a per-case basis.
- I do not allow for alterations to be done to my work. Touching up a minor scuff or repairing a break does not count as an alteration, but any kind of adding or changing of markings, details, or color that in any way alters my original intent, changes my artistic expression, or makes use of techniques, paint brands, or any other type of artistic mediums that I do not use is strictly prohibited. Any such alterations voids the right to use my name in affiliation with the piece as I will no longer consider it my work. Any person who alters a piece, by themselves or by having someone else do it, will be blacklisted and will no longer be able to purchase directly from me.
- Major as well as minor rehauls, such as “updating” a piece or doing more advanced types of renovations due to damage, count as alterations and are therefore prohibited. This includes painting over existing white markings with fresh white paint. Please see above regarding alterations.
- I do not explicitly guarantee that my work is Live Show Quality (LSQ) as it is a subjective term with subjective interpretations.
- If you pre–sell a piece before receiving it you will bear all liability, including restitution (such as refunds and reimbursements).
- I do not offer a workmanship or any kind of “lifetime” guarantee. There are many factors that may influence the lifetime of a piece, such as materials used, climate in which the piece is kept, shipping, showing, handling, chemical reactions, temperature changes, etc. I do my best to only use the finest materials I can find and to do as much as I can to make sure the piece will last as long as possible. However, I cannot be held responsible for sticky resins or plastic models, paint crazing, epoxy lifting, yellowing, fading, etc. If you want a guarantee that you will be reimbursed if workmanship issues should arise, I strongly suggest that you insure your piece, or not buy it in the first place.
- If you default in any of the terms listed on this page, disappear, or exhibit behavior otherwise deemed “high maintenance,” your order will be cancelled and you will lose all payments made. You will also be be blacklisted from future sales.
- With one exception (A Trad Catalina resin resculpted by Debbi LerMond), I do NOT do collaborative work. I sometimes sell unfinished models with the understanding that my name is not to be used in connection with it in any way. The vast majority of customers respect this policy and are happy to let the finishing artist take full credit, but a few unscrupulous individuals have on occasion tried to sell such pieces with my name attached to them, even though they have been fully aware of my policies and have agreed to them. Please note that I will only put my name on pieces where I've had full control of the final outcome - NEVER on pieces finished by someone else. If you see a piece being advertised as "painted by/started by/resculpted by Maria Hjerppe, finished by XX" (or similiar descriptive terms), please note that this is done completely without my permission and that the claim is false and fraudulent. Please contact me if you see anyone making such claims as I will take legal action if I deem it necessary.